Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So far? Only two weeks.



Since our wedding, seven years ago, the longest time my hubby and I have been apart was two weeks. In a couple of months, that will change.

My hubby has accepted a job overseas that will take him away for a year. He'll have a couple of "leaves," but over all, he'll be working in the sand for a long while. The Toot and I will not be going with him. We will be home in the States, learning how to rely solely on the Lord.

I'm going to be stretched, there's no doubt. I can't begin to think of how much I depend on the Hubby. Changing the AC filters, fixing wifi, taking the car to be serviced, fixing anything that breaks, weed eating (I mow, but I'm terrible at weed eating.), and so many other "Honey Do" chores. I am now thoroughly convinced that God's word for this year is diligence.

These next two months, before he leaves, are going to be so difficult. I want to make the best of our time together, but I'm so nervous and afraid and trying not to burst into tears. None of that makes for a great time.

Here's to trusting the Lord and knowing (if only in my mind) that He's faithful and good and loving and trustworthy and omnipresent.


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.'”
(Psalm 91:1,2 ESV)

P.S. For any creepers who may stumble across this post: We have two very well-functioning house alarms, and there will be few nights that I won't have someone sleeping over. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying for God to carry all three of you this year. Along with God, the brothers and sisters will carry burdens with you (Gal. 6:2).
    -Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete